Thursday, April 21, 2011

FINAL POST

Over time in the blogging project I have learned a few things. I’ve learned how to research topics, how to streach your wording out, and I learned more on my topic “ The Tick of Time “. I was very greatful for this project because it was not only a hands on activity, but it also allowed us to use the computers instead of barrying our heads in textbooks. It gave each student the chance to talk about a topic of their choice. They could choose whatever they wanted to make their blog about. Each week we were given a specific topic to write about our subject in. So all of the students had to do work and research on the computers and maybe even in some books to learn more about your topic. It was more difficult for some than it was for others. I endedup not knowing a lot about my topic. This blogging project made me go more in depth of my subject. At first I wasn’t aware that so many people felt the way I felt about the tick of time. Some people actually even made books about it. And how the tick of time inspired each of them. Everyone had to look up quotes for our blogs on our topics, giving us a chance to see what other people have said about our subject. Another thing I learned is how to use the computer and internet more effiecently. I had to go deep into some research to look for information on my topic. My subject was a little more difficult than others because my topic is more of an opinion. So therefore it was hard to do research on it. Most of the people who created the blogs, did their topics on facts. If it was a fact, then it would have been a lot easier to look up information on my topic. But with the stuggle of not fully having the availablity to many different sites, it allowed be to gain knowledge on how to research difficult topics. Now I know in the future, two things. One if you are given a blogging project, you probably should pick a topic or subject that is a fact that way you could be more successful in finding facts reguarding the subject. Another thing I learned is that even when things get difficult in your work, keep trying. The answers are out there, you just have to go and find them. You may have to try a bit harder looking for the answers, but you know they are out there. You just have to do the work on your part to find them, usually resulting in a good grade! Another thing I learned in doing this blog project, is how to strech my wording. Sometimes you may have a certain wording amount needed on an essay or project of some sort. When this comes about, you have to know how to strech out your words. Not ramabling on and on, but actually saying something. Saying something more in depth. Giving greater details to the person who may be reading your essay. You must try to give them a better understanding, which will also give you the chance to strech out your wording a bit. So in the end I was very greatful for this blogging project and I would definatley say that Mrs. Pearson should do this every year. Because it has great educational purpouses and it also allows students to talk about their own topic and give them a chance to express themselves in their own way about their own thing. I had fun with this project and I want to thank everyone who has read my blog. ( Photo credit: http://media.photobucket.com/image/bye/shadowstrump/April%202011/good-bye.jpg?o=8)

No comments:

Post a Comment